27 June 2014

My first horse show!

As I mentioned I've recently had a few baths to try to get rid of the long winter coat which I am hanging on to. (I'm still not 100% convinced that it isn’t going to snow soon!) Anyway I am still quite hairy but slowly it is coming out with lots of grooming and the occasional wash.

Last weekend though I was very glad I looked clean and shiny because I went to a SHOW! It was on Sunday and I had been in overnight so I had an inkling that something was going on.  On Sunday morning I was groomed and had hoof oil put on my feet.  I looked gorgeous if I do say so myself.

As soon as I was ready Nicky and Louise got the horse trailer and I climbed up the ramp.  The journey to the show was not very long, but I am too small to see out of the window in the trailer so I don’t know exactly where we went! When we arrived there were lots of other trailers and horseboxes lined up and horses and ponies of all shapes and sizes.  I don’t think I have seen so many shiny and beautiful equines in my life!  I got to have a walk around with Nicky to take in the sights which was great, and then I got to taste the grass which was brilliant! 

Soon it was time for my class and Nicky put on the new head collar that Mollie got for me.  The class was for Mountain and Moorland types - which means all sorts of different breeds from different parts of the country.  I saw Welsh ponies, Fell ponies and also some other Shetlands including miniatures just like me.

The Mountain and Moorland Class
Meeting the Judge

I enjoyed myself in the ring and was very impressed with the other ponies, and I got a rosette too which was lovely.  The judge did comment on how woolly I was!!

Proudly wearing my lovely rosette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: