23 July 2015

Horse Weekend Hijinks

What a busy time we are all having at the stables at the moment. We've had some lovely groups in over the last few weeks, and we have also just had one of our fantastic horse experience weekends.

We horses love it when it’s a horse weekend because we all get to do fun stuff, and this weekend was especially crazy! We had a group of 7 people with us for the weekend, and everyone got involved with not only riding but the day to day care of looking after us horses.

In the morning they got involved in making our stables ready for us, by putting our beds down and making our breakfast. We then all had a good brush down and our feet cleaned before going out for a ride. The morning went so fast and before we knew it it was time for some yummy hay for lunch!

After lunch the sun was shining so it was the perfect opportunity to go for another ride around outside. I didn't get to go with them for a ride as I have the important job of looking after the stables whilst everyone is out. I also have very little legs so I get quite tired!

On the second day not only did we all get a good brush, Hendrix was the chosen pony who even got painted by a gentleman called Peter. I was a little bit jealous that I wasn’t chosen, but then I realised I already look beautiful and I wouldn’t want the paint to spoil my coat!

Peter painting Hendrix

Milo and the stable staff even taught the guest all about the tack we wear when we are ridden and everyone had a go at labelling the parts of the tack. Milo was really good at this job, and he loved all the attention he got. 

Milo modelling the tack labels


After lunch everyone rode around an obstacle course that the guest helped design. They had cones to go around, balls to put in nets and even a spot of fishing. Horses, staff and guests all had a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: