31 October 2012

Guest Blogger Hendrix 2: My Thing


Things are pretty good here at Calvert Trust Exmoor; I’ve had my breakfast & a good groom so I’m now ready to do my thing!

What is my ‘thing’ you might ask? Well, my number one job is carriage driving, I’m usually the first horse the staff think of using when a carriage is needed. I do also get ridden which is fun, but I’m best at driving plus it’s what I’ve done the most.

What you might not realise is that to ‘pull’ the carriage I’m really ‘pushing’ into my collar & when I’m going downhill I have to hold it back with my strong ‘bottom’ muscles! It won’t surprise you to know that I’ve built up a few extra muscles in the last year or so. I’ve even gone up a rug size!!

People are also surprised how much weight I can ‘pull’ – in fact I can pull much more weight than I can carry!!! I Bet you didn’t know that!  

Will tell you more next time - bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!: